Saturday, May 06, 2006

Which car?

Soon it will be time for me to buy a car.

It being my first car, I am so confused.

Right now I am torn apart between deciding whether to buy a sports car or an executive saloon.

It will be atleast two months before I actually get my license, so there is plenty of time left. But since the last month I have been reading online reviews and checking out prices. I just realised that the prices quoted at Edmunds is atleast $500 - $1000 more than what I can get here.

My budget is capped at KD 1500 ($4500).

The three points that I will not sacrifice:
1. Excellent and reliable air conditioning. Kuwait gets really hot during summer.
2. Low road noise
3. Comfortable ride

I have shortlisted the following cars:

Executive saloon

BMW 735i, 1992 model
I was really impressed by it in The Transporter

Lexus LS 400, 1994 model
I have seen a lot of them on the road, and a lot of old guys at high posts riding them. This must be comfortable.

Sports car

Toyota MR2, 1991 - 95 model
Looks good. The price looks good too.

Mazda Miata, 1997 model
I am not too keen on a Mazda, and this car looks pretty small. Would prefer the MR2 over this anyday.

I do not want to race off in the sports car. I just want to cruise and enjoy the ride.

I know for sure it will be difficult finding the sports car that I have shortlisted. Simply because I have seen only two MR2 s till date on the roads of Kuwait. And I am yet to see a Mazda Miata. Optimistic though I am.

If none of these are available at good deals, I might opt for the Honda City (1999) or Mitsubishi Galant (1999), both available at KD 1250/=

If money were no objective, I would have choosen either the Honda NSX ('95) or the Corvette (2000). Alas! It is an objective. LOL

My choice for an exec saloon is because working as a consultant, I would be embarassed if my client saw me getting out of a Nissan Sunny :oP

It is mainly because of the additional two seats that I would be able to accomodate. In a sports car, it would be a two seater. So, I might not be able to accomodate more than one friend at a time. Not that I go out too much. For a fact, I know that Kuwait is the only place where one can afford to drive a sports car, since the petrol is real cheap. Since I am not planning to hang out here for more than a couple of years, I thought that I might as well drive a sports car while I am 'young' and can afford it.

Decisions! Decisions!

What car should I take?

2 Comments:

  • I want a Lexus. If you buy oneā€¦ can I borrow it from time to time? You know, if you ever cruise into the UAE, that is.

    By Blogger Tainted Female, at 1:38 pm  

  • Yep, sure you can.

    I will try filling the tank here in Kuwait, so that there is no need to buy the more 'expensive variety' from UAE.

    Not yet decided on which one though. My mind is split between the Lexus and MR2.

    Around two months or so to decide which car to buy.

    By Blogger Razaldo, at 1:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home