Sunday, April 23, 2006

Eye openers

This post was supposed to be about my hostel, I have infact a draft of it.

But this weekend I saw two movies and I thought I have to write about them.

The movies are:

Taxi No. 9211
Rang de Basanti

First off, this is not a movie review. It is more of the issues that they bring out.

Taxi No. 9211

We know who and how our 'true' friends are only when we need them most. It is like the Japanese concept of JIT. The reason they wanted to reduce the time and make it a zero inventory concept was so that they can see the faults (troughs as they call them) in the process. I am not saying that go ahead and question your friends. I don't know. I realised who my 'friends' were once when they told me "You need us more than we need you."

Rang de Basanti

It asked a very potent question that left me also stunned and searching for answers. Usually every Indian complains about India. The movies asks to all those complaining - so what are you doing to improve it?

I am still thinking about it. It has been three days now, and I am still thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home