Sunday, August 13, 2006

Why the Arab nations prefer to remain quiet...

The war has sent the prices of petrol northwards.

Pockets of some are heavier by KD 200.

Some have opened their countries for the Lebanese (mind you, nothing of this sort happened after the Gulf war)...look that that from the perspective of a capitalist.

These Lebanese are not going to compete with the locals. They will compete with the expats.
They are fluent in English and Arabic.

Atleast now a lesson can be taught to expats who have been demanding high salaries. With this increase in labour, the economics change.

With more people searching for houses, rents can also be increased due to the 'increased demand'.

Perhaps I am paranoid. But that is what I see when I look at the situation as a capitalist.

2 Comments:

  • I disagree with most of this... But find your thoughts interesting just the same.

    ;)

    By Blogger Tainted Female, at 6:07 pm  

  • @ tainted:

    I was looking at it from a capitalist's perspective. Even I at times think it might not be so.

    But then the way attitudes have changed here in Kuwait, I just do not know anymore.

    By Blogger Razaldo, at 10:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home